Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's official! The Apple IPhone has now been overtaken in sales by the fabulous Blackberry Curve. During the release of the first quarter sales figures, the Curve has jumped to 15% in market shares while it sent the Apple IPhone dwindling 10% less this year.

This is probably caused by the major carriers Sprint, AT&T and Verizon higher sales of the unit and people holding their well earned money for the release of the new IPhone in the coming months. There are also huge purchases happening on Verizon because they currently have a buy one take one promo for the Blackberry Curve unit that sent their competitors back to drawing boards as they posted huge gains in subscribers over this first quarter too. They have this packaged and locked on subscription right now and people avail this one rather than going with the IPhone who also did not place on the top 5 smartphones in gross sales this first quarter.

After a few months, IPhone will announce the next generation IPhone that would probably be more faster, have higher storage and more web friendly. They will also be having more improvements on the touch screen technology as they embark on new units come in the latter half of the year. With this in mind, the prices of the older IPhone units will probably be lower in the Philippines too. Maybe by then I'll try and get one if the 2nd generation does not impress me much. I hope someone gives me their phones for free, my Nokia 6280 is ready to retire!




COWPhotobucket

15 Responses so far.

  1. Rad says:

    I still haven't decided witch one to get. I was leaning towards the IPhone because the GPS and menu seem more user friendly.

    I think I'll wait for the next generation Iphone to make my final decision, that way I can get an older one for a cheaper price lol

    Nice work man

  2. Carms says:

    nice phone I wish have one like that. But I think I don't need one because my phones are still ok and functional hehehe

  3. widih handphone nya sih bikin ngiler, tp harganya ntu yg bikin ngeeleg.. hehe

  4. madz says:

    Gusto ko magkaroon ng BlackBerry :(

  5. kelan kaya ako magkakaganyan...
    hmmm

    huwow! buti ka pa malapit na..hehe

  6. Anonymous says:

    I see you have really good posts. If you want more traffic in your blog then please read this post:
    Add your site to my blog and Get free traffic

    Regards,
    You Can Hack
    It's Simply a Tech Blog

  7. Nice looking phone! That reminds me I have to charge my cell up. Have a great weekend! :o)

  8. Hendrawan says:

    I can't see my blog is listed here...

  9. Anonymous says:

    I wish not agree on it. I assume warm-hearted post. Specially the designation attracted me to study the whole story.

  10. Anonymous says:

    Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

  11. Anonymous says:

    Cool post as for me. It would be great to read a bit more concerning this topic. Thanks for giving that data.

  12. Anonymous says:

    Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

- Copyright © TechCOW - The Geek Within - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -