Friday, March 19, 2010



I am going to feature my van today the MITSUBISHI Space Gear DELICA. It has been with the family for around 3 years and it has performed very well. I liked this initially because of certain technical features. Though it lacked on storage space despite its big leg room boasted on every space gear, it has been quite dependable. I need an additional hauler rack so I could fit in my luggage when I go out of town. I'll take a look on some options at on line stores like REALTRUCK.COM soon. I seldom go to our house in the south because it is a little rough. It's 4x4 engine really comes in handy to go through forest floors which are also a common sight in those provinces. The rack I am planning to buy should fit a few things I need for off road fun. This one from THULE would be perfect!

After fitting that I'm sure everything would be good. The one we have is a little bigger than the ones that came out of the 1994 batch which is part of the MITSUBISHI fourth generation line. Pretty old but this is an L400 which is like leaps and bounds of an improvement over its predecessor the L300 van. There were major differences and one thing I opted for when we bought this is the legroom. I am from a big family literally and the last thing I want when riding and driving is a small cramped space. The current wheel base is 2,800 – 3,000 mm and the executive edition is a little longer than that. It's got 2 batteries because of the automatic engine and power stuff that it needs to energize. When they initially converted ours from right hand drive to the left, they also took out the other battery and we had some minor problems with the electrical components after that. I got them rewired a few years ago and that improved the supply a lot. The 4M40 2.8 L TD I4 diesel engine works great on extreme conditions. It has gone way beyond expectations since we were able to take this on a spin in the mountains. I want to have this tested on real 4x4 tracks but it is a little too long for some of the terrain and might end up on a ditch if I forced it. I believe the trunk space could have been bigger but thanks to THULE we could fit it some on the top. I also can take a peek through the sun roof when we have some things to take into the van if needed. Now I think it would be a necessity in the future. There are cosmetic improvements on it like the light panels. The ugly fog lights that were there were removed. I love the fact they inserted an electronic control type/distribution type for the jet pump. Now it burns fuel efficiently than the older ones that I see every so often. I am glad we bought this one and not the other all terrain vehicles because it is more comfortable. With the things I learned to like on this van, I am sure you guys would consider buying one that fits you and your family in it. It's one of the greatest family vans I have ever seen and I would really recommend you to get one now including the rack.

COWPhotobucket
Disclosure Policy
DISCLOSURE POLICY

- Copyright © TechCOW - The Geek Within - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -