Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's high time that I get to review this gadget that I just recently acquired from Globe. This is the Blackberry Curve 8320. I know it was expensive but I was looking for a phone that would fit my busy lifestyle. I have on some instances needed a laptop when I am shooting (yes I am a photographer too) but since it was really heavy for me to bring that and the camera too, I went on and dreamed about owning a netbook too. The problem is I would be dealing with two notebook like gadgets around and that is still a burden, until this came along.

The Blackberry Curve 8320 has wifi capability. Not those crappy ones like in my Playstation Portable that could not even open up a page without the snail overtaking it. It only works on peer to peer play but unlike this phone, it works like a laptop on b/g speeds and has that page loading fast with Opera browsers. The built in browser usually takes a longer time to load html and with the Opera browser you can get more sites loaded obviously. The other thing is the provider here (Globe Telecom Inc.) is not really fond of supporting setting up accounts on the phone. I have called them several times and the people there do not even know a thing about the service. They promise you a lot of things but never get it working at all. I gave up and probably live with wifi connections instead of pushing data on GPRS or WAP.

I love the ease of pressing the qwerty keyboard on it but it takes quite a few days to get used to. I always pressed buttons with one hand on my phone Nokia 6280 but on this one you probably need around 2 to efficiently work. You will look like a geek pressing keys on a very small computer phone instantly.

I will be installing a few useful application and themes so I can get this to work smoothly. Yes I also bought a 4 gig memory card for it just in case the phone does not handle my files that easily in the coming weeks. Videos and pictures are coming soon. I will give this unit a try but with the pros and cons I will have to give this a three out of five TECHCOW points! =)







COWPhotobucket

- Copyright © TechCOW - The Geek Within - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -