Wednesday, February 10, 2010


I just arrived in the office to find out that my UPS is not functioning anymore. Actually I do not think its broken but its just that I could not power it up anymore because the power switch is broken. The files I have on my computer are important and I need it to work today, otherwise I would not be able to prepare reports and take a look at my projects online too. There is a specific installed tool that I need in my pc that would never be replicated when I share with others. Obviously I feel crippled all of a sudden. They need to fix it now or I would be wasting precious time. Hopefully that guy I just talked to over the phone fixes this now.

I am still in the waiting game but really this is becoming a nightmare and I am not doing my job yet. I just called the department who is in charge of these and got them to replace it right away. I hope this itON works as advertised. The APC UPS that I had before this worked but only a couple of minutes before it did shut down on me all of a sudden.

This device boasts of the following:

Auto Sleep Mode, Instant Restart, Power Protection (Duh! LOL), Smart Software support, Overload protection and alarm.

It looks promising but I bet I would not be using those software thingy's for it since it all boils down to its main purpose of keeping my power supply healthy at all times. The good utility even installed this for me. I will keep you up to date on what will happen with this one since the APC just gone kaput on me!




COWPhotobucket

- Copyright © TechCOW - The Geek Within - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -