Saturday, April 10, 2010


Internet connection in the countryside is scarce. Local telephone providers around our home in the province do not even reach the far flung areas where its at and people have to drive around 5 minutes to the highway just to get to a pay phone. There are so many options to get on line but I never wanted those 3G connections that depend on cell phone signals. They often are not the best things to have and stay connected. It cuts on and off and the upload and download speed is just at a snails pace. I need fast and reliable Internet since I often need to be on line and be there when work needs me. I want to make sure that there would be a good satellite provider in our area so I would not have to suffer in the long run. I will also be teaching you in this post how to hook up a ROUTER with it since that is where I am an expert of.

Satellite Internet connection feed off ground stations and reflects the signals on orbital giant machines promptly named satellites too. Digital information converted into waves the other way around make up how it travels through air. Since it is being reflected cosmically land masses like mountains or forests which comprise much of the landscape we have in our provincial house would not be much of a problem. The download and upload speed is phenomenal and performs way better than those dependent on cell phone signals. When the Internet service provider assigns a public IP address to your modem it sometimes need authentication from either the physical address of the modem itself or the primary computer connected to it. The physical address more commonly known as the MAC Address is a uniquely assigned combination of numbers and letters for a computer device/peripheral. That particular address can be cloned on the ROUTER which can act like a smart switch and access point. ROUTERS also have combined firewall and DHCP servers on it. It would definitely be easy to just have a computer connected to one of its ports or connect to the wireless network. The wireless connection can also be encrypted with WEP, WPA or WPA2 wireless security. There is also optional MAC Address filtering so only the indicated wireless MAC addresses would be able to get Internet connection.

It would be awesome to even imagine that I actually have the only wireless access point in that area. My neighbors would probably be jealous of me. I don't need to suffer crawling dial up Internet connection if I am in the outskirts of Manila. A simple blue dish on top of my roof would be the perfect solution!





COWPhotobucket

- Copyright © TechCOW - The Geek Within - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -