Wednesday, April 28, 2010


A friend of mine asked me this morning about the CANON 550 Rebel 2ti and frankly I did not know that much of it because I am a loyal NIKON user. I researched about it and found out that this is the greatest camera CANON has in terms of the Rebel series. This is the camera that they released to challenge the NIKON 7D in power and performance. The camera boasts of higher HD quality and resolution with the additional ability to crop videos on cam. Before I forget, this camera is at 18MP so you kind of understand how clear and crisp the photos would be.

I told him to get it but he was worried about what lens he should get. 50mm lenses do have very good depth of field and so does the 35mm. If you get the 1.4 aperture lens for the 50mm it will be well worth it for portraits and glamor shots. I have seen it also perform under low light conditions and it did get quite good photos too. This goes the same with the 35mm or with any prime lens at that fact. The only draw back I think is the ability for you to take the shot. On some instances you need to be a little near the subject before it focuses. Manual focusing is easy but then again it would not pick up what most sensors would be able to. I have seen a sample of the video capability and it seems that even the FLIP video can give it a run for its money. It has the zoom capability with the L Lenses they have but it looked so ordinary with the camera shake HD cameras still have. Is it worth the price? I don't think so. Would I choose this over the NIKON 7D? Not either... in the end what matters most is your preference and what you plan to use it for in the first place.





COWPhotobucket

- Copyright © TechCOW - The Geek Within - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -