Sunday, April 11, 2010




I know I have come a long way with my photography but I have this subject from way back that I kept thinking of. It was the Cultural Center of the Philippines own fountain that lights up the area at night. I never got to discuss how it works. I got an insider tour me around the facility because most normal people would not know it and because of the inquisitive and meddling personality that I have; I obliged myself to take a look at it. It makes me think about what I have been doing in my Engineering classes. It was the subject I really hated before. It was the one that talked about pressure and vacuums. The one that made me look at Pascal, ATM, PSI and millimeter - mercury never the same way again. It was thermodynamics and I had so many exams involving vacuum pumps and temperature. I never knew I would encounter the same things while on this educational side trip from the fountain's caretaker. He was literally speaking of the same jargon I heard when I was in my third year of college. The memories just kept crashing back to me.

Now I know how this big pump controls the whole area and it has been evident they use industrial grade ones since the installation is huge. The filtration system was on the same side so he told me some things about it too. It was college lecture all over again and I'm glad I know how it works now. The water art is fine too!



COWPhotobucket

Disclosure Policy
DISCLOSURE POLICY

- Copyright © TechCOW - The Geek Within - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -